Employees of Ankeny Community School District serve in a position of public trust, are compensated with public funds, and are entrusted with public property. Employee actions and behavior must be honest and above reproach at all times. This work rule requires complete honesty in the discharge of an employee’s duties, and unless otherwise prohibited by law, it applies to all conduct whether the employee is on duty or off duty.
The conduct which is prohibited by this work rule includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Making statements to representatives of the District which the employee knows or has reason to believe are untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete.
- Stealing cash, funds, or property of any kind belonging to the District, belonging to a fellow employee, or belonging to other person who are on District property.
- Failing to report or transfer to the District any funds or property belonging to the District.
- Unauthorized use, possession or removal of vehicles, property or equipment belonging to the District, belonging to a fellow employee, or belonging to other persons who are on District property.
- Falsification of employment applications or any District records, including, but not limited to, work records and time records. Time record violations include, but are not limited to, claiming time for work which was not performed by the employee and punching/signing another employee in or out.
- Performing official duties in an unauthorized manner.
- Charging items for personal use to a District credit card or account, or making unauthorized withdrawals from a District account using a debit card.
- Misuse or unauthorized use of accounts or allowances (clothing, mileage, meals, etc.).
- Converting surplus District property to personal use without authorization, or declaring property to be surplus or junk and then converting it to personal use.
- Making improper claims for overtime when no overtime was worked, or working slowly to create the need for overtime work.
- Using sick leave, or any other leave of absence, for any purpose which is not authorized.
Employees who violate this policy are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
June 17, 2019
April 19, 2010
February 17, 2014
June 17, 2019