Skip to content

501.07 Student Transfers Out or Withdrawals

If the student’s parents wish to withdraw or transfer the student from school prior to completing and graduating from the education program, they should notify the Superintendent/designee as soon as possible of the decision to withdraw or transfer the student from the education program. The student or parent should present this notice at the office of the student’s attendance center and receive instructions regarding the return of District property including, but not limited to ChromeBooks, outstanding fees, textbooks, library books, locker equipment, lunch account, etc.

The notice should state the student’s final day of attendance. If the student is not enrolling in another school district, the District will maintain the student’s records in the same manner as the records of students who have graduated from the District.

The District will forward the cumulative records to the new school district upon their request. Board Policy 506.01 Student Records Access informs parents of their right to review the records sent.

If the student is of compulsory education age and not transferring to another public school district or an accredited nonpublic school, the parents will notify the Superintendent/designee that the student is receiving private instruction.

Legal Reference:
20 U.S.C. § 1232g (2004).
Iowa Code §§ 274.1; 299.1-.1A (2007).

Cross Reference:
501 Series: Student Attendance
506.01 Student Records Access
604.01 Competent Private Instruction

May 11, 2009
June 17, 2013
May 21, 2018

June 21, 2010
June 17, 2013
May 21, 2018