Ankeny Schools Preschool Program Application
We have OPENINGS for 4 year olds (children who are 4 yrs old on or before September 15, 2017) for the 2017-2018 school year.
Click here to learn more about the application process.
Ankeny Schools Preschool Program
Ankeny Schools implements a multi-age preschool program. Through this approach, our three and four-year-old students learn together with instruction provided by a certified teacher with endorsements in Early Childhood Education and Special Education Instruction for PK. All Ankeny Community School District preschool classrooms are integrated and designed to provide opportunities for typically developing three and four year old children to play, learn, and interact with peers who have various disabilities. The Ankeny preschool program engages students in the Creative Curriculum Framework and implements the Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards.
Session Times for 2017-2018
- Morning sessions are 8:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. (AR, Crocker, East, NE and 3 classes at Terrace) and 8:30-11:00 a.m. (2 classes at Terrace)
- Afternoon sessions are 11:45 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. (AR, Crocker, East, NE and 3 classes at Terrace) and 12:00-2:30 (2 classes at Terrace)
- Sessions are held on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
The First Day of Preschool is the Tuesday following Labor Day.
Session Locations for 2017-2018
Preschool locations are Ashland Ridge, Crocker, East, Northeast, and Terrace.
Transportation is not provided to or from preschool. Pay-to-ride through Durham Bus Services is not available for PK students at this time.
Preschool is free for students who are four years old on or before Sept 15, 2017 through the Statewide Voluntary Preschool Grant. Financial assistance is available to families in need for children who are three years old on or before September 15, 2017. Please contact us at (515) 289-8945 for further information.
We are fortunate to have a preschool program in which a large and growing number of students and parents wish to participate. We hope that you and your child will be pleased with our high-quality program. Because of the high volume of requests for classroom tours, however, we are unable to accommodate tour requests at this time.
For More Information
For an overview of the current program, please review the Pre-School Orientation Guide, which includes:
- The program’s mission, philosophy and goals
- Information about enrollment
- The structure and activities in a child’s day at Ankeny Pre-School
- Information about family involvement and communication with the families
- Staffing and other district information
Questions regarding the preschool program can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may reach us at (515) 289-8945.