Ankeny Centennial Girls Tennis
IMPORTANT GIRLS TENNIS ANNOUNCEMENTS
For any clarification on rules or procedures, see the 17-18 GIRLS TENNIS TEAM HANDBOOK.
Feel free to email Coach Phommachack for any questions or concerns throughout the season.
SUMMER TENNIS OPPORTUNITIES!
- The High Performance Camp is geared for higher level play; VARSITY players
- The HS camp (located on the park and rec program) is for JV players (and new 9th grade players) that want to improve their level of play.
- Summer tournament play for both kids and adults is located in this program
The U.S.P.T.A Junior Community Circuit (this is a document download)
- This is a fun, area-wide, match play program designed to help junior players gain match experience and encourage healthy competition while building our local tennis community.
- This is the team tennis roster of all the players, their grades, their squads for the season and also lists their practice times throughout the season.
- Includes: Date of Meet/Opponent/HOME or AWAY/Squads Playing/Location of V/JV meets/School Dismissal Time/Bus Dismissal Time
Top 10 Reasons to Join/Play TENNIS
10. A LONG LIFE
Tennis delivers overall physical, mental and emotional gains; it will add years to your life!
9. A HAPPIER LIFE
Tennis engages your mind and body at the same time; tennis players are more confident, healthier, less stressed and more socially interactive!
8. IT IS SOCIAL
On or off the court, you’re guaranteed to make friends through tennis. The sport encourages interaction, communication and just plain fun!
7. YOUR WHOLE FAMILY CAN PARTICIPATE
No matter the age, gender ethnicity, ability level or fitness level, tennis is the perfect game for families to play together!
6. TEACHES LIFE LESSONS
Players tend to develop a work ethic, learn sportsmanship, accept responsibility, manage mistakes, enhance discipline, and learn to compete, cope well with pressure and develop healthy habits and team building skills!
5. IT CAN BE ANYTHING YOU WANT IT TO BE
Obviously you’re out for a sport, however, tennis can be anything you want it to be or how you wish to make it. It can be a competition, social play, a good workout and/or team camaraderie; which Coach Phommachack believes all are important!
4. IT’S FUN
Players have fun while getting a great workout!
3. IT DEVELOPS YOUR MIND
Tennis requires alertness, tactical thinking and problem solving, and evidence suggests if may generate new connections between nerves, promoting a lifetime of continued development of the brain!
Tennis requires constant movement and action, which will burn calories, build muscle, increase bone strength, improve flexibility and fine-tune coordination!
1. IT’S THE SPORT YOU CAN PLAY YOUR WHOLE LIFE (and Coach Phommachack is your COACH!)
There is no other sport you can play throughout your lifetime from the earliest ages to your latest years that gives you the physical, mental, emotional and social benefits tennis can give you! Trust Coach P, you’ll enjoy every minute!