Student Drop-off and Pick-up
Southview Middle School has created a map to assist parents with the drop-off and pick-up of students. It is recommended that all parents review the map to minimize confusion when entering Southview.
Student Entrance Points and Parent Drop-Off / Pick-Up
Please see the map to the right for a visual representation of points of entrance and traffic flow before and after school.
AM/PM parent drop-off and pick-up is located on the east near the main entrance and north side of the building. Once students enter the east or north doors please proceed to the main gym area. If you are a student who eats breakfast you will be allowed to enter the cafeteria in the AM to eat breakfast. All students not eating breakfast will remain in the main gym until dismissed for their first period class. Students riding the bus will be dropped off in the west parking lot. Bus students will enter Southview using the west door entrance. Students who ride a bike to school will enter Southview using the east main door entrance.
The west parking lot will not be used for parent drop-off or pick-up. These entrances are reserved for bus riders and staff.
Doors will be unlocked at 7:30 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and at 8:30 on Wednesdays. Then, at 8:20 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and at 9:20 on Wednesdays, all doors except the east main entrance will be locked. The east entrance serves as the main entrance to the building and will remain unlocked until 4:00 p.m.
Students Riding The Bus
- Students riding the bus will enter through the west drive off of SW Elm street and enter the building through the west doors. Once inside the building, students will go directly to the gym until the start of the school day or the cafeteria if eating breakfast.
Leaving the Building
- Students are expected to remain on school property once dropped off. If we become aware that students are leaving school property after arrival, disciplinary action will occur.
- Students must sign out in the office prior to leaving before the end of the school day. Students who leave the building without consent will be considered unexcused.
- Students will not be sent home without the office first checking with parents at home or work.
- Students without after-school activities are asked to leave school property by 3:50 p.m.
- Parents are asked to park in spaces in the east and north parking lot when picking up students to ease traffic congestion.