Ankeny Rugby is a sports organization for all students at Ankeny Centennial High School and Ankeny High School. Rugby offers schools and communities another outlet for students to represent and be active in their communities, learn responsibility, and establish a leadership background. Rugby is a dynamic contact sport that is played all over the world by men and women of all different classes, creeds, and races. It is a great crossover sport involving skills found in many other popular American sports.
Ankeny Rugby is a non-profit organization whose mission is to do the following:
- Provide youth with organized competition in a safe environment which is open to all players
- Bring our youth closer together through common interest in sportsmanship and competition
- Instill the values of education
- Acquaint the players with the fundamentals of the game rules, running, kicking, rucks, and mauls
- Teach sportsmanship, discipline and love of the game
- Encourage the players to maintain satisfactory grades in school and to emphasize the importance of keeping a proper relationship and balance between scholastic and athletic endeavors
For information regarding the Ankeny Rugby Club, please contact Coach Dennis Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org.