Centennial students: Get the latest Silver Cord information by following our new Twitter account: @ACHS_SilverCord
Getting started with Silver Cord at Ankeny Centennial is easy! Follow the quick, simple steps below:
- Arrange a qualifying volunteer experience.
- Fill out the approval form.
- Wait for approval of the request.
- After you submit your request form, the Silver Cord team will look over your request within three school days, and you will receive an email to your school account letting you know if your hours have been approved or not, or if more information is needed.
- Participate in your volunteer experience.
- After you have completed your experience, you will need to have your site supervisor sign the "Documentation of Hours" form.
- Turn in the hours form to the basket in the Media Center.
- Complete your reflection by filling out this form.
- A Silver Cord team member will review your hours form and reflection and provide you with feedback via email within five school days of receiving the feedback form.
Once you have received your approval of your reflection and hours, your hours will be updated.
**Hours on Infinite Campus will be updated on a monthly basis.
View a video tutorial on how to request hours, as well as what to complete after you have done your activity.
If you have any questions regarding Silver Cord, please contact JD Hunter in the main office.