Transportation Policies and Procedures
State law requires school districts to provide transportation to elementary and middle school students living two or more miles from their attendance centers, and to high school students living three or more miles from their high school.
Ankeny Community Schools follows State guidelines when determining eligibility for busing. Measurements are made using a global positioning system (GPS) starting at the nearest entrance to the school grounds and ending in the street opposite the entrance to the student’s home. Please note: Home GPS units and vehicle odometers are not accurate enough for the purpose of measuring these distances.
The school district provides a number of resources regarding its policies and regulations for you to review:
- School Board Transportation Policies
- Transportation procedures found in Parent/Student Handbooks
- School Bus Pass Requirements
- Special Needs Transportation Guidelines
- Emergency/Medical Information Form for Bus Drivers - Parents print and fill in this form for each student so that bus drivers have information on hand in case of emergency.
- Durham Transportation Contact Information - Get in touch with a Durham representative.