- The program is provided on a space-available, first-come, first-served basis. Participation is limited according to capacity.
- The program is only available on existing bus routes. No additional routes will be considered for pay-to-ride students.
- Stops will be added or eliminated based on neighborhood participation.
- Stops must be at least 300 feet apart to comply with State law.
- Bus stop locations and times are assigned by Durham School Services.
- Students must be picked up and dropped off at their assigned location only. Pick-up and drop-off must be at the same location.
- Requests for a change in a student’s bus stop will only be honored if the student’s address has changed.
- No guest students will be allowed to ride along with pay-to-ride students.
- All students riding the bus are subject to the rules and regulations of conduct and safety established by the Ankeny Community School District and Durham School Services.
- A pro-rated refund will be granted if a student voluntarily discontinues riding and the request for a refund is made prior to the half-way point of the semester.
- No refunds will be granted after the halfway point of the semester, and no refunds will be granted for any other circumstances.
- The deadline for Pay-to-Ride Transporation registration will be adhered to by both Durham School Services and Ankeny Community School District.
- If you have an outstanding Pay-to-Ride balance a payment in full is necessary before application consideration.
I understand that this registration agreement for bus service with Durham School Services my child must conform to all Durham bus conduct rules and regulations, as well as all policies of Ankeny Community School District. I understand that I am contracting school bus service for one semester. If improper payment is made, my child’s riding privileges will be revoked. No refunds will be given and there will be a $25 handling charge for all non-sufficient fund checks.
I further understand that my child’s riding privileges may be revoked if he/she fails to follow Durham bus conduct rules or Ankeny School District rules and policies, or if he/she exhibits insubordination, is verbally abusive toward a driver, or participates in vandalism, (to which I accept responsibility and cost of repairing damages).
Additional program rules and procedures can be found on the school district Web site at www.ankenyschools.org. I have read these rules either on the Web site, or by requesting a copy of this information from Durham School Services.
Payment and Fees for Service
- Deposits are due during Open Registration with remaining balance to be paid in full within 3 weeks of route notification.
|Round-Trip Service||Each full-price student, per semester||$230.00 (includes $50 registration deposit)|
|Round-Trip Service||Each reduced-fee student, per semester||$175.00 (includes $50 registration deposit)|
|One-Way Trip Service||Each full-price student, per semester||$115.00 (includes $50 registration deposit)|
|One-Way Trip Service||Each reduced-price student, per semester||$87.50 (includes $50 registration deposit)|
The district will follow State guidelines for free- and reduced-price lunch students.
Paper Application Process
1. If you are NOT applying online for pay-to-ride busing, please download the Pay-to-Ride application form.
2. Between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, bring your application and payment in full for one semester to:
306 SW School St.
Ankeny, Iowa 50023
3. Sign-up for first-semester takes place between July 15 and ends August 15.
4. Sign-up for second semester takes place between December 2 and ends January 8.
5. Durham staff will begin accumulating online application data and the paper applications upon receipt from the District Office, in the order they are received. Each online and paper application will be kept on file until it is determined the student is eligible for a seat on the bus.
6. Payment will be deposited upon receipt.
7. Free/Reduced must attach a copy of the authorization letter from District for the current school year if registering for the first time.
8. Placements will be made and Durham will communicate via email indicating the child’s name, bus number, grade, and assigned pick-up and drop-off stop.
9. Full refunds will be made on applications where no seats are available.
10. After Open Registration: Print out this form and call 515-965-9615 to make an appointment with Durham School Services, 2017 SE Oak Dr., Ankeny, Iowa 50021