AHS Building Access and Hours
For the safety and security of our students and staff, the following rules regarding building access will be observed:
- Visitors must enter Ankeny High School via the west entrance and sign in with the attending staff member upon arrival. Visitors must also sign out as they leave.
- Prior to 7:30 am., entrances to AHS are closed to all students who are not in early classes, sports, or activities
- At 7:30 am the doors open for students and visitors.
- Early Bird PE and weight training students may enter the building through the west (AHS) doors from 7:10-7:20 am.
- Students who ride the bus will enter the building through the north doors.
- Students in the band program will enter through the east doors.
- All other students will enter the building through the west doors.
- Students are not allowed in the building after 3:45 pm unless participating in a supervised class, sport, or activity.
- A bell schedule (class hours) may be found here.
Questions may be directed to the high school office at 965-9630.
A district-wide schedule of school hours can be found below:
|School Building||M, T, Th, F Building Opens for Drop-Off||M, T, Th, F Student Hours||Wednesday Building Opens for Drop-Off||Wednesday Student Hours|
|K-5th Elementary Schools||7:30 AM||7:55 AM - 2:55 PM||8:30 AM||8:55 AM - 2:55 PM|
|6th-7th Grade Middle Schools||7:30 AM||8:30 AM - 3:45 PM||8:30 AM||9:30 AM - 3:45 PM|
|8th-9th Grade Middle Schools||7:30 AM||8:20 AM - 3:35 PM||8:30 AM||9:20 AM - 3:35 PM|
|10th-12th Grade High Schools||7:30 AM||8:25 AM - 3:40 PM||8:30 AM||9:25 AM - 3:40 PM|