Navigating Infinite Campus
Once logged in, a parent/guardian will see the following options in the parent portal. (Some features, such as schedules and grade books, are only available during the school year.)
- Displayed on page when first log in Also under Family > Messages
- District, School and Teacher notices are displayed on the users’ home portal screen.
- The windows need to be toggled open to view the messages.
Changing Student for Viewing
- Parents’ portal accounts can view all their household students from a single login.
- To change the student being viewed, click on Switch Student at the top of the screen.
Calendar (no screen shot)
- Under Student Name > Calendar
- Icons on specific dates indicate attendance (yellow bell) and grade book entries (red A+).
- Under Student Name > Schedule
- The student’s schedule is listed for the entire academic year.
- To view the course grade book, click on the Course Name in the schedule. The grade book is set up in the terms for the course. Overall grades are listed in the top table for the term. Green is the final
posted grade; yellow is in-progress and white is not available yet.
- Questions about assignments and grades should be directed to the course teacher. If there is an envelope link in the class schedule, you may click on it to send the teacher an email (depending on your computer settings).
- Under Student Name > Attendance
- The student’s attendance is listed in calendar format and also can be viewed as a summary in the lower window. Attendance issue dates are highlighted in colors according to the key under the calendars. Dates can be clicked on to see more details.
- Attendance questions should be directed to the school office staff.
Assessment (no screen shot)
- Under Student Name > Assessment
- The student’s test scores from states tests can be found in this area.
- Under Student Name > Reports
- Reports that may be available as PDF files include Missing Assignments,
Transcripts (Secondary Students), Report Cards, and Class Schedule.
1. Under Student Name > Demographics
- Parents can update non-household contacts, such as emergency contacts, daycare provider, etc.
2. Under Family > Household Information
- Parents can update home phone number. If you do not have a land line, please replace the number with a cell phone number. This home number is one that is called if a Blackboard message is sent.
- Parents can also update household address. With address updates, the district may ask that you provide proof of residency to verify changes.
3. Under Family > Family Members
- Parents can update their phone numbers and email addresses. The District asks that you do not add phone numbers or email addresses to current students.
The registrar and school office staff can also assist in updating your information.
Under this section you can:
- Change your password for the parent portal
- Set a user account recovery email – This means if you should forget your username and/or password you can have a reminder sent to the email you included
The district sets your primary email address as the address to which each message type (such as emergency or attendance) will be sent, but you may change the settings here. Please ensure that you will be able to receive each type of message that a school may send.
To keep important messages out of your spam folder, please add email@example.com and/or the domain ankenyschools.org to your email program’s safe senders list. This step depends on your email client (Outlook, Gmail, etc.).
Keeping your account updated gives you self-serve ability to immediately access information and reset passwords. If information is not kept up to date and needs to be reset, please go to ankenyschools.org, choose the Parents menu, then visit the Infinite Campus page for other options for assistance, which will require more time than self-service.