Volunteering in Ankeny
Thank you for seeking the opportunity to volunteer within the Ankeny Community School District. Applying to volunteer is a two-step process.
Step 1: Volunteer Handbook
The Volunteer Handbook must be completed before you plan to volunteer and must be completed each year. The Volunteer Handbook includes:
- Volunteer information
- Volunteer Objectives
- Certification of Compliance
- Statement of Confidentiality
Once completed and submitted, your form will automatically be on file at the schools(s) you selected.
Step 2: Background Check
A background check for volunteering within the Ankeny School District is required every 5 years. Background checks can no longer be printed. This document must be completed online. Please allow 2 weeks for processing background checks.
- If you are unsure of the date of your last background check for volunteering, you will need to contact the secretary at the school you plan to volunteer.
- If you have had a background check within the last 5 years, only complete step 1.
- If you have never volunteered or it has been more than 5 years since your last background check and you need to complete a background check, please click on the orange box: “I want to volunteer”
*NOTE: Secure Volunteer will not process a background check if you have one on file with Ankeny Schools dated within the past 5 years. You will receive a rejection/denial email.
All student observations, practicums, field experiences, student teaching, including social workers, nurses and counselors will be assigned through the district office. Please contact Catherine Parmerlee at email@example.com to make arrangements.