COVID – Early Return Form
Filling out the COVID student form in the Parent Portal
- Students that have an active form can be found under “Documents Need Attention” in the Parent Portal. Click on the document and then click the continue edit button.
- The areas in pink are the fields that need to be filled. To begin, click on next action.
- Click on the field and enter the date they want their student to return. Click next action.
- Click on the next field and add the date the student started isolation (5 days before return date). Click next action.
- Finally, enter the return date (minimum of 10 days after the date of isolation began). Click next action to get to the signature page.
- Click on the pencil/paper icon to add your signature(s) then click Submit.
- Once the form has been submitted and the school has approved it, you can find the completed form in the parent portal.
- If you need to refer back to the form inside of the Parent Portal click on Documents and then click on the COMPLETE button.
Options for Students testing positive
Parents may select one of the following options, which align with Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and IDPH guidelines, for children who test positive for COVID-19:
- Option 1: Your child may isolate for 10 days at home.
- Option 2: Your child may isolate at home for days 1-5. If your child has been fever-free for 24-hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and is asymptomatic or has improving symptoms, you may request that your child return to school on day 6 provided that your child wears a properly fitting face covering on school property on days 6-10 of what would have been their self-isolation period. Note that medical and religious exemptions from wearing face coverings are not available to students on days 6-10. Please confirm the date of return with your school nurse before completing the form to ensure the calculation is in alignment with public health agencies.
If you selected Option 2, please contact your child’s school. A form will then be “assigned” to you via the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. You will be required to complete and submit this form no sooner than 24-hours before and no later than 1:00 p.m. on the day prior to the desired return date in order for your child to be eligible to return on that date. For example, if you wished for your child to return on Tuesday (their sixth day of isolation), you could submit the form between 7:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Monday. If you are unable to access Infinite Campus, please contact your child’s school for assistance. After the form is submitted, it will be reviewed and processed by the building. You will find the approved form in your Infinite Campus Parent Portal when this has been completed.
According to the CDC, day 0 is your first day of symptoms or a positive viral test. Students who are currently isolating at home, who are within the days 6-10 period, and who would like to voluntarily return, may do so beginning Tuesday, February 1 upon requesting and completing this form by 1 p.m. on Monday, January 31.