The School Board recognizes and supports a system in which school personnel report student progress. An effective system:
- Communicates student progress toward end-of-year grade level/course standards (learning expectations).
- Helps the parent/guardian have a better understanding of the District's standards and grade level expectations.
- Provides student opportunities to self-reflect, self-assess, and set goals to obtain mastery of end-of-year standards.
- Communicates with the parent/guardian about instructions designed to provide more intensified supplemental and intensive support differentiated to meet student learning needs.
- Designed to assist students, their parent/guardian, and school in working collaboratively for the welfare of the students.
Reporting can take the form of, but is not limited to:
- Report cards
- Formal meetings
- Informal meetings
- Notes home
- Phone calls
- Infinite Campus