Policies of the Ankeny Community School District
One of the primary responsibilities of the School Board is the establishment of policy. The Ankeny School Board establishes policy through a Policy Review Committee which includes members of the Board. The committee submits final recommendations to the full Board for adoption. This committee also reviews the District's policies on a five-year review cycle and makes recommendations for revisions.
Board policies are divided into the categories below.
- Series 100 - Educational Philosophies
- Series 200 - Board of Directors
- Series 300 - Administration
- Series 400 - Staff Personnel
- Series 500 - Student Personnel
- Series 600 - Educational Program
- Series 700 - Auxilliary Services
- Series 800 - Business Procedures
- Series 900 - Buildings and Sites
- Series 1000 - District - Community Relations