Ankeny Community School District offers a driver’s education program, with Drive Tek Driver's Ed Technologies as the program provider for the district. All classes are state certified and include 32 hours of classroom instruction and six hours of actual on-street driving. Drive Tek strives to establish positive relationships with students and to accommodate their needs and schedules as much as possible.
Registration is a two-part process:
1. Applicants may register one of two ways:
- Register online with Drive Tek by clicking on the link mentioned above and then scroll to the bottom of the web page,
- Print and complete the registration form and authorization of release of information. Please sign and return it to the Northview Middle School office at 1302 N. Ankeny Blvd. The office will process your form and enter your fee assessment into Infinite Campus.
2. Applicants must then pay the Driver's Education fee of $370 one of two ways:
- If you registered online with Drive Tek, there is an option at the end of the registration process to pay online OR you may send a check, made payable to Drive Tek, to 9120 NW 26th ST, Ankeny, IA 50023.
- If you registered with Northview Middle School, OR if you qualify for free and reduced-price services please note the following:
- Adjustments will be made for those who qualify for free and reduced-price services.
- The preferred method of payment through the school district is online.
- Those without internet access may bring a check to the Northview office located at 1302 N Ankeny Blvd.
Please note: Until the fee is paid, registration is not complete and the student is not registered for driver's education.
Once the registration form, authorization of release, and fees are received, the student’s name will be placed on the class list. A schedule of classes may be found below.
If you have any questions, please contact Pauline at Drive Tek: (515) 327-1500 OR Kristi Miller at Northview: (515) 965-9700.
Class confirmation, including time and classroom, will be sent by Drive Tek approximately one week before classes begin. Classes will be held at Northview Middle School and/or Southview. Student driving schedules will be arranged during the first class session.
Driving times occur outside of class time. Driving will extend past the end of the scheduled class time. Drive Tek recommends that you bring your schedule to class and be flexible in your scheduling.