Welcome to the Virtual Backpack!
The school district is a part of the larger community in which it carries out its educational mission. The district has often served as a conduit of information by permitting the distribution of non-school materials from entities within our school district, to inform students and their families of youth-related programs or activities, and of events that intend to improve the health, education or welfare of students. The following guidelines apply to the distribution of materials that are not a part of the curricular or extra-curricular activities of the district.
The school district now distributes these items electronically in order to:
- Continue to provide this information in a larger school district environment,
- Help to differentiate between school and non-school-related materials, and
- Be more responsible toward caring for the environment.
The majority of vBackpack fliers are from community organizations. They are being distributed as a community service of the district to inform you of other community activities or services available. Community groups can submit their fliers within certain guidelines, governed by School Board Policy #1004.25.
- Fliers are updated the first of each month.
- Distribution months are September 1 – May 1.
- Fliers must be submitted two weeks prior to distribution.
- Community Education approves community fliers for vBackpack.
- Re-submit fliers for each month of desired distribution.
- Read the district policy re: content and formatting.