Student Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Prairie Ridge Middle School has created a color-coded map to assist parents with the drop-off and pick-up of students. It is recommended that all parents review the map to minimize confusion when entering Prairie Ridge.
- Entrances to the building will open at 7:30 a.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The entrances will open at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesdays.
- Parents may enter Prairie Ridge from the east, off of NW Ash Dr., enter north of the tennis courts, returning to NW Ash Dr. to exit.
- Parents should not use the south entrance off of NW Prairie Ridge Dr., this is for bus drop-off and pick-up only.
- Students will use the south or east doors on the east-side of the building to enter the school.
- All students will be directed to the cafeteria until the start of the school day.
- Special education transported students will be dropped off on the east side of the building and enter through the east doors. Students will be directed to the cafeteria until the start of the school day.
Pick-Up in Public Parking Lots (Kirkendall Library)
In cooperation with the City of Ankeny, we are encouraging parents to not block entrances to public buildings when picking up students from school. The city has requested that parents with students at Prairie Ridge Middle School not block the entrance to Kirkendall Public Library when waiting for students.
If using the Kirkendall Public Library drive to drop-off or pick-up a student, please pull into a designated parking spot. Parents should not park alongside the drive, roundabout or sidewalks to drop-off or wait to pick-up students, as this blocks accessibility to the library. Please keep in mind this drive, roundabout and sidewalks are for library pick-up and drop-off only. Click here for a map of the parking rules at Kirkendall Public Library.
Students Riding The Bus
- Students riding the bus will enter through the south drive off of NW Prairie Ridge Dr. and enter the building through the south doors. Once inside the building, students will go directly to the cafeteria until the start of the school day.
- Parents may not use the south drive off of NW Prairie Ridge Dr. for student drop-off or pick-up. This drive is for buses only.
Students Riding Their Bikes to School
- Students riding a bike to school may park it in the bike racks located northeast of the building and enter through the east doors. Once inside the building, students will go directly to the cafeteria until the start of the school day.
Leaving the Building
- Students are expected to remain on school property once dropped off. If we become aware that students are leaving school property after arrival, disciplinary action will occur.
- Students must sign out in the office prior to leaving before the end of the school day. Students who leave the building without consent will be considered unexcused absent.
- Students will not be sent home without the office first checking with parents at home or work.
- Students without after-school activities are asked to leave school property by 4:00 p.m.