Degrees and Certifications:
BA, Music Education and Keyboard Performance Luther College, Decorah, IA
At a Glance:
Welcome to Choir! For all things Choir related, you'll find it here! Please take time to get our calendar dates added to your phone, which can be found on the left side of this page. As future information becomes available, it will be posted here.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ALL SHOW CHOIR COMPETITIONS:
1. Students are welcome to stay in the choir room after school until bus leaves, and should bring something to eat before getting on the bus. If students prefer to go home to get ready (provided they have time), they need to be back no later than 15 mionutes before the bus leaves, performance ready.
2. All ladies are to wear their curlers in their hair throughout the day. Moms are encouraged (if needed) to come in after school to help daughters with their hair.
3. All students will be performance ready when they step on the bus. Students are responsible for every part of their outfits. Failure to take care of them, or lose them will result in students paying for lost/damaged pieces.
4. Absolutely no food will be allowed on the bus or in our competition home room. Water bottles are okay.
5. Students will be accountable to the "good conduct policy" at all times, to include being on time for all check points.
Competition at DCG HS: Friday, Jan. 24th; Bus leaves at 5 pm; Perform at 7:30 pm; Home 9:30'ish pm (have ride waiting in west parking lot);
Host School Website: https://sites.google.com/dcgschools.com/taketwo/
Pops Concert (Required for ALL SV Choir members): Tuesday, Feb. 11th, 7 pm in the SV Cafetorium; Kids arrive at 6:30 pm
Competition at Urbandale HS: Friday, Feb. 14th; Bus leaves at 5:15; Perform at 7:10 pm; Home 10:00'ish pm Host School Website: https://sites.google.com/urbandaleschools.com/usci
Competition at Pella HS: Friday, Feb. 21st; Bus leaves at 3:30 (Dismissed from class at 2:45 pm); Perform at 6:15 pm; Home 9:30'ish pm
Spring Show/SV Night and Coffee House Auditions (Optional for any SV choir member): Mon., Feb. 24th-Thurs., Feb. 27th; Sign up in Music Hallway
Spring Show/SV Night at AHS Auditorium (Required for Dynamite): Fri., March 6th, 7 pm (last performance); Kids report to AHS Choir Room at 6:30 pm
Coffee House (Optional for any SV Choir Member): Tuesday, March 24th, 7 pm in the SV Cafetorium (performers bring 2 doz. cookies or bars to share)
Spring Concert (In SV Courtyard, weather permitting): Tuesday, May 5th, 7 pm; Kids arrive at 6:30 pm
Food for thought: Courage means you get back up after you've been knocked down. Courage means you face your fears and move past them. Courage means you stand up and remain confident in the face of your bullies. Refuse to let your inner voices kick dirt in your eyes or spew lies in your ears. YOU are profoundly important, and no one can take that away from you. So rise up, wrap yourself in courage, and face your day!
Director of Choirs, Southview Middle School