Closings and Delays Notification
Should weather or an emergency situation occur resulting in the closing of school, the school district will use several methods to notify the public.
The Blackboard Connect Parent Notification System
Messages will be sent to phones and e-mail addresses via Blackboard Connect.
- For morning closings before school has started, the system will utilize the primary contact phone number and e-mail address in Infinite Campus.
- For closings and early dismissals that occur after school has begun, the system will utilize all contact numbers and e-mails in Infinite Campus, including emergency contacts.
Certain messages may be sent to specific grades or buildings, as opposed to district-wide. For example, a message about cancellation of evening activities may only be sent to parents of secondary school students if no other classes or schedules are affected.
Caller ID and Voicemail
Caller ID will display "Ankeny Schools," and 515-965-9600.
Blackboard Connect leaves messages on any answering machine or voicemail.
If the message stops playing, press any key 1-9 and the message will replay.
More information about how the system works is available in the Blackboard Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- A message will be posted on the home page of this website under the District News heading. This message may include more detailed information than can be included in the Blackboard messages.
- Parents can subscribe to the District News page via an RSS reader.
- Announcements from the home page will also be tweeted on the @AnkenySchools Twitter site.
- KCCI Channel 8 (CBS)
- WHO Channel 13 (NBC)
- WOI Channel 5 (ABC)
- KDSM Channel 17 (FOX)
Other Web Sites
- KPSZ - 940 AM
- WHO-1040 AM
- KRNT-1350 AM
- KXNO-1460 AM
- KIOA-93.3 FM
- KDRB-100.3 FM
- KSTZ - 102.5 FM
- KAZR-103.3 FM
- KLTI-104.1 FM
- KPTL-106.3 FM
- KKDM-107.5 FM