Community Conversation: The Intersection of Mental Health + Substance Misuse
Join us on Thursday, January 19, for a community conversation to build awareness and education around issues impacting our community, including student mental health, gun safety in the home, and identifying and mitigating substance misuse.
You won’t want to miss this free event, featuring a resource fair and breakout sessions tailored to families of elementary and secondary students.
Held at the FFA Enrichment Center on the DMACC Campus, the event will kick off with a resource fair at 6 p.m., followed by a welcome address from Superintendent Dr. Erick Pruitt, and breakout sessions running from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Breakout session topics include:
- The intersection of mental health and substance misuse by EFR
- Substance Abuse Awareness and Gun Safety in the Home by the Ankeny Police Department
- Teaching Your Child Ages 0-5 Emotional Regulation by Children and Families of Iowa
- What Parents Need to Know about Substance Use by Children and Families of Iowa
- Do You See What I See? An interactive room that educates parents on the items to look for in a child’s bedroom that could raise questions by EFR
Location: FFA Enrichment Center, DMACC, 1055 SW Prairie Trail Parkway, Ankeny
Time: 6 p.m. Resource Fair opens
Who: Parents of school age children
If you need interpretation services, please fill out this brief form so we can best provide support.