Due to Ankeny’s increasing enrollment, the district is changing the procedure for processing school driving permits in order to keep up with the sheer number of applications.
If you have not begun the application process, please follow the new procedure outlined below:
- Make a copy of your students Driver’s Education Certificate of Completion.
- Complete the following forms and review the permit requirements located below and on the Ankeny School District website, under the Student tab → Driving Permits:
- Obtain your school principal's signature on the application.
- Take the application, affidavit, and certificate of completion to your school secretary. Your forms will be sent to the district office for final signatures and mailed back to your home address.
- Then, take all the documents to the IOWADOT to obtain the school driving permit.
If you have already begun the application process and have obtained your principal’s signature, please do the following:
- Complete the IOWADOT Affidavit for Minor School License.
Bring the affidavit, School Driving Permit application (signed by the principal, parent, and student), and a copy of your student’s Driver’s Education Certificate of Completion to the district office from 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (306 SW School St., Ankeny, IA 50023). The forms will be signed and mailed back to your home address.
Please note, parking stickers can be purchased at your school office.