Return to Headlines
- BlackboardConnect Parent Notification System – Messages will be sent via BlackboardConnect to phones and e-mail addresses on file with the district in Infinite Campus.
- For early morning closings before school has started, the system will utilize the "high priority" contact phone number and e-mail address specified by parents in Infinite Campus.
- For closings and early dismissals that occur during the day after school has already begun, the system will utilize all contact numbers and e-mails (which include emergency contacts) in Infinite Campus.
- Website – A message will be posted on the home page of the district website (www.ankenyschools.org). This message may also include more detailed information than can be included in the BlackboardConnect messages, so it is always a good idea to check the district website.
- Television and Radio –The district will notify the following television and radio stations: KCCI Channel 8 (CBS), KDSM Channel 17 (FOX), WHO Channel 13 (NBC), WOI Channel 5 (ABC), KPSZ - 940 AM, WHO-1040 AM, KRNT-1350 AM, KXNO- 1460 AM, KIOA-93.3 FM, KDRB-100.3 FM, KSTZ - 102.5 FM, KAZR-103.3 FM, KLTI-104.1 FM, KPTL-106.3 FM, KISS-107.5 FM. Weather-related announcements may usually be heard on TV and radio station morning news.
- Please plan for early dismissals and let your child know in advance what they should do if school closes early. If school is cancelled or dismissed early because of weather, all elementary activities will be cancelled. If classes at any school are cancelled or students dismissed early due to any emergency other than weather, activities will be cancelled or adjusted depending upon the emergency.