900.00 - Parent Reunification
R.R. for Policy #900.00
- School Premises During an Emergency:
- District Staff During an Emergency:
- Parental/ Legal Guardian Responsibilities During an Emergency:
- In the event of an emergency, parents/guardians are encouraged NOT to initially respond to the school. Parents/Guardians can block traffic and impede response by local fire, law enforcement, and emergency medical and other agencies. Parents/Guardians can also exacerbate a situation by going to the school during shelter-in-place, and other evacuation procedures.
- Designate individuals that have authority to pick up your child.
- Annually parents are asked to designate emergency contacts for students for illness, inclement weather, etc. Only parents/guardians or the designated emergency contact will have authority to pick up the child in the event of an emergency. Consider who, other than a parent/guardian, may be authorized to pick up a child if the parent/guardian is unavailable. List someone that could have access to your student within a 30 minute time frame. For security reasons, no phone authorizations will be accepted.
- Cooperate with safety and District officials.
- Wait for notification of how and when to respond. This notification will come via the District’s website, local media stations, including available communication channels parents/guardians have signed up to receive – cell phones, email, etc.
- Location(s) of reunification sites will be announced. While schools have established near and far site evacuation locations, the reunification site may change depending on the emergency.
- Be prepared to demonstrate proper identification at the reunification site. Schools will also ask for identification when the child is released to one(s) mentioned in the permission note.
Annually the Ankeny Community School District requests that parents/legal guardians designate an emergency contact other than the parent/legal guardian for emergencies. This emergency contact is entered into the District’s student information system. The District has developed Emergency Management Guidelines which set forth protocol in case of a large-scale emergency such as a chemical spill, school intruder, terrorism, etc. In that case, students may be evacuated to a designated reunification site and released to parents/guardians. Parents/Guardians may designate an emergency contact different from the one designated in the demographic information. Please review the emergency contact designated on your demographic form. If you choose to designate an alternative emergency contact for District-wide and/or reunification emergencies, please indicate the name of the person on this form and submit this information.Recommendation: The emergency contact should be within thirty minutes from the school.
The emergency contact information designated in the student’s demographic information will be used in a District-wide emergency and/or reunification emergency unless listed differently below.
If you would like to add a contact in the event the District-wide and/or reunification emergency plan is implemented, please provide the contact’s information below.
Please Print Name of Emergency Contact___________________________________________________________
Please Print Parent/Guardian Name:_____________________________________