Animal Rescue League
Here at the Animal Rescue League (ARL), we have an almost unlimited amount of volunteer opportunities for students to gain silver cord hours or some real world experience.. We have two types of volunteers:
- One time volunteers- Help out with big events, no training required (Iowa Dog Jog, Arts Fest, State Fair, ect.)
- Regular volunteers- helps out with routine shelter care, orientation and training required
- This is what I would recommend for most students because it is the most flexible. Once a volunteer is trained, they are able to come in any time we are open to get their hours. Our first step after the trainings is that volunteers become our ‘Professional Dog and Cat Snugglers,’ but after the that the options are limitless from photography, fundraising, event planning, animal behavior, ect!
Students volunteering at the ARL must meet age requirements.
- Ages 10-16 must have a parent or guardian that also has been trained.
- Ages 16-18 can volunteer alone, they just need a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- We do have other programs for students under 16.
- Cat Pack is for 6-9th graders, (https://www.arl-iowa.org/get-involved/for-kids/cat-pack-teen-program/ )
- Litter-ary Club is for 10-16 year olds (https://www.arl-iowa.org/get-involved/for-kids/litter-ary%20club/ ).
Our orientations for the rest of the year are:
Thursday, September 21, 2017- Noon
Thursday, September 21, 2017- 5PM
Saturday, October 14, 2017 9:30AM
Thursday, October 19, 2017- Noon
Thursday, October 19, 2017-5PM
Saturday, November 11, 2017 9:30AM
Thursday, November 16, 2017-Noon
Thursday, November 16, 2017-5PM
Saturday, December 09, 2017-9:30AM
Thursday, December 21, 2017-Noon
Thursday, December 21, 2017-5PM
Link to sign up:
Outlet Mall shifts: Thursday, October 19th from 3- 6:30pm, 6:30-9:30pm- Email Kburton@arl-iowa.org
- Contact: Email email@example.com