Volunteering in Ankeny
Thank you for seeking the opportunity to volunteer within the Ankeny Community School District. Applying to volunteer is a two- step process. Please note, our security procedures for volunteering have changed.
STEP 1: EVERY YEAR – The VOLUNTEER HANDBOOK must be completed every year if you plan to volunteer. The Volunteer Information includes:
- Volunteer information
- Volunteer Objectives
- Certification of Compliance
- Statement of Confidentiality
Click here to complete the Volunteer Handbook. Once completed, your form will automatically be on file at the school(s) you selected.
STEP 2: EVERY 5 YEARS – A background check for volunteering within the Ankeny School District is required every 5 years. Background checks can no longer be printed. This document must be completed online. Please allow 2 weeks for processing background checks.
- If you are unsure of the date of your last background check for volunteering, you will need to contact the secretary at the school you plan to volunteer.*
- If you have had a background check within the last 5 years only complete step 1
- If you have never volunteered, or it has been more than 5 years since your last background check. Click on the icon below: “Secure Volunteer”.
- NOTE: Secure Volunteer will not process a background check if you have one on file with Ankeny Schools dated within the past 5 years. You will receive a rejection/denial email.