Volunteering in Ankeny
Thank you for seeking the opportunity to volunteer within the Ankeny Community School District. Applying to volunteer is a two-step process. Please note, our security procedures for volunteering have changed.
STEP 1: VOLUNTEER HANDBOOK – Needs to be done EVERY YEAR – The Volunteer Handbook must be completed before you plan to volunteer. The Volunteer Information includes:
- Volunteer information
- Volunteer Objectives
- Certification of Compliance
- Statement of Confidentiality
Click here to complete the Volunteer Handbook. Once completed and submitted, your form will automatically be on file at the schools(s) you selected.
STEP 2: BACKGROUND CHECK – Needs to be done EVERY 5 YEARS – A background check for volunteering within the Ankeny School District is required every 5 years. Background checks can no longer be printed. This document must be completed online. Please allow 2 weeks for processing background checks.
- If you are unsure of the date of your last background check for volunteering, you will need to contact the secretary at the school you plan to volunteer.
- If you have had a background check within the last 5 years only complete step 1.
- If you have never volunteered, or it has been more than 5 years since your last background check and you need to complete a background check please Click on the orange box: “I want to volunteer”
- *NOTE: Secure Volunteer will not process a background check if you have one on file with Ankeny Schools dated within the past 5 years. You will receive a rejection/denial email.
All student observations, practicums, field experiences, student teaching, including social workers, nurses and counselors will be assigned through the district office. Please contact Catherine Parmerlee at Catherine.email@example.com to make arrangements. Thank you.