Skip to content

Proof of Residency

Proof of Residency

All new students entering the district, no matter if they have a sibling(s) currently attending, MUST provide proper documentation establishing residency. The name and address on these documents must match the name and address of the parent or legal guardian of the student(s) being registered. Residency at the physical address is required.

If you own your home, please provide ONE of the following:

If you recently closed on a new home:

  • A copy of the settlement statement from closing or the warranty deed

If you recently made an offer on a home:

  • A copy of the purchase contract that states the Ankeny address, possession/closing date and signature of parent/guardian

If you rent, please provide ONE of the following:

  • A copy of your signed lease agreement with term listed.  The agreement MUST contain property owner’s name, address and signature; and name and signature of parent/guardian
  • Utility bill for the last or current month, mailed to your Ankeny residence

If you live with a family already in the district, please bring ALL of the following:

  • Completed and NOTARIZED Coresidency Form
  • Proof of your residence at that address. (ie: bank statement, insurance statement, utility bill or any other bill, pay stub from your current employer, etc.) with your name and Ankeny address clearly listed and from the last or current month
  • Verification of residency for the family with whom you are residing with

If your family has moved within the district and you need to update your address:

  • Please complete the Change of Address form and return it with the requested documentation to the Registrar’s Office

Important Note:

Post Office Boxes do not establish residency. If you are using one for mailing purposes you will still need to provide one of the acceptable proof of residency as listed above.

Falsification of any information or document required for residency verification or the use of the address of another person without actually residing there may result in revocation of student enrollment, being held liable to pay tuition for the time in attendance as a non-resident student, and filing a complaint with the appropriate law enforcement agency for criminal prosecution against all parties involved.

Due to enrollment shifts or programming needs (English learners, special education, etc), any newly enrolled elementary student(s) to the district may be assigned to a school which is not their neighborhood school. Please contact the Registrar for more information and clarification.