OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
- District facilities will remain closed to all events and activities that are not school-sponsored until at least July 6.
- Prior to opening ACSD facilities, community groups will provide the District with a detailed plan for ensuring the safety of community members and ACSD staff. The plan will include providing necessary PPE, screening, mitigation, cleaning, and alignment to all government guidance and proclamations pertaining to social distancing and group size.
- Community groups will be responsible for the cost of additional custodial time and supplies necessary to sanitize the space prior to each use and after each use.
Open Areas/Green Spaces/Playgrounds
- All District playgrounds and green spaces will be open to the public beginning on June 8, 2020.
- The playground at Westwood Elementary will be CLOSED to the public from June 8 to August 14 during the weekday for Before and After School Summer Camp.
- Use of Open Areas, Green Spaces, and Playgrounds will be at the community members’ own risk.
- All District athletic facilities, including tracks and outdoor athletic fields will be CLOSED to the public at all times.
The Ankeny Community School District is well-known for its unified effort in excellence and strong community involvement. Its Community Engagement Department extends this reputation to all learners of every age by offering a variety of opportunities to connect, enrich, and strengthen. Our learner-centered programs and services connect with business, civic, and community organizations to create lifelong enrichment and service opportunities to help strengthen the community with a focus on: building skills, health & wellness, student achievement, and strengthening community. Together we are better.
Here you will find information about courses that are available to all community members, community outreach programs, and rental of district facilities.
Office Hours (Alternate hours currently in place)
Monday-Wednesday-Friday 8:00 AM-12:00 PM (by appointment only).
Tuesday-Thursday 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM (by appointment only)
- Please make in-person payments by credit or debit card.
- An outside drop box is available at the front entrance of the District Administrative Office.
- Access cards may be dropped off after hours in a provided envelope.
Ankeny’s Community Engagement Advisory Council consists of volunteers representing diverse interests in the community. They help identify the needs, interests, and concerns of people in the Ankeny area as well as developing a sense of community, promoting quality of life, and supporting lifelong learning. The Advisory Council works collaboratively with area partners and resources to make recommendations to the Ankeny Community School District, City of Ankeny, and other local organizations. The Advisory Council’s mission is “Creating connections for community betterment.” If you are interested in becoming a member or learning more about the Advisory Council, please call the Community Engagement Department at 515-289-3961.