Proposal due 4:00 pm on September 19, 2023
Proposal Due by 4:00 pm on September 19, 2023
Answers to the respondents questions:
- Engineering consultants?
- This is for architect only; the engineering consultant will be hired at a later time with input from the architect and owner.
- Budget/cost estimates?
- Tentative budget is starting at $40 million construction costs.
- Majority of the cost estimating will be done by the CM with input from the architect as they work through the different phases of design.
- Touring the facility/site visits?
- There will be no tours of the existing district facility.
- Project timeline?
- District would like to start the project in December 2024 and be open for students in August of 2026. This may change depending upon the scope of the project.
- Construction oversight management?
- Architect will be required to attend all meetings as typical with a CM delivery model.
- Energy efficiency (geothermal)?
- Like projects in the past, we are always looking to be as energy efficient as possible.
- Fee adjustments?
- Initial fee should be based on construction costs at $40 million and once the budget is confirmed after the design phase the final contract will be established.
- The architect insurance requirements will be similar to what we required for elementary at Abbie Grove. The CM is not changing from what is in RFP.
- Project funding?
- Project more than likely will be funded with a geo bond.
- Potential size?
- Capacity to hold up to 700 students
- We have not yet established if this will be stand alone or an addition to a current facility.
- Design consultant?
- The construction manager will not be asked to hire design consultants. This will be done through the architect.
- Page count?
- The cover page will not count toward the total page count. The total page count is 50 whether it is single or double sided.
- RFPs are not on the agenda for the 9/14 facilities and finance meeting. The agenda has not been set for the October facilities and finance meeting.
Insurance coverage for architects
- Professional Liability Errors and Omissions Insurance including contractual liability coverage with limits of not less than $2,000,000 per claim and not less than $2,000,000 in the aggregate. Architect shall maintain this coverage in effect during the term of this Agreement and for two (2) years after the Date of Substantial Completion
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance with statutory benefits and limits which shall fully comply with all State and Federal requirements and contain Broad Form All States and Voluntary Compensation Endorsements and have limits not less than $500,000 per accident, $500,000 per disease and $500,000 policy limit on disease; or the statutory minimums for the same, whichever is greater
- Comprehensive Automobile Liability Insurance with limits not less than $2,000,000 combined single limit per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage. The required Liability limits outlined within may be met with any combination of underlying and umbrella/excess policy limits.
- Commercial General Liability Insurance. A broad form Commercial General Liability Insurance Policy including a waiver of subrogation endorsement in favor of the additional insureds, and appropriate endorsements adding the following coverages: Premises and Operations Liability; Personal Injury Liability; Completed Operations and Products Liability for a period of not less than two (2) years following the date of final payment for all services provided under this Agreement, if insurance is available and affordable. The Commercial General Liability Insurance Policy must be written with a combined single limit of liability of not less than $2,000,000 for each occurrence of bodily injury and/or property damage and an annual aggregate of liability of not less than $4,000,000 for bodily injury and/or property damage, and an annual aggregate of liability of not less than $2,000,000 for Completed Operations and Products Liability. The required Liability limits outlined within may be met with any combination of underlying and umbrella/excess policy limits.
- Employer’s Liability with policy limits not less than Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($500,000) each accident, Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($500,000) each employee, and Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($500,000) policy limit and a waiver of subrogation endorsement in favor of the additional insureds.