Facility Master Plan
The updated strategic plan contains several objectives connected to school facilities and long-range planning. In order to meet these objectives, we will engage in a process of facilities master planning. This process will be structured:
- To maximize community participation
- Be grounded in data and research
- To ensure current and future facilities meet the needs of our students and community
The facilities master planning process has four desired outcomes:
- Grade-level Configuration: Our current grade level configuration is K-5, 6-7, 8-9, 10-12. The facility master planning process will determine the grade-level configuration that best supports student learning and maximizes facility usage.
- Future Facility Needs: Determine the facilities and land needed to support 21st-century learning and student exploration of college and career pathways.
- Boundaries: Develop new boundaries to accommodate future planning and the opening of the new elementary in 2024.
- Renovations & Construction: Determine renovations to current facilities and what construction of new facilities is needed.
The new facilities master plan will provide an incredible opportunity for Ankeny Community Schools to build on its tradition of excellence and to set the standard for high-quality student experiences, opportunities, and achievement.