The Ankeny School District is seeking substitute Classroom Teachers and Associate substitutes. If you are interested or have questions about these positions, please call (515) 289-3968, or e-mail Ann Beverly.
Details of the Substitute Arrangement
- Substitute teachers earn $145 per day
- $248.33 per-day, long-term rate after ten consistent days in the same position
- Gain experience and display teaching skills while seeking a contracted position
- You determine the days and hours you want to work (limited to 29.5 hours per week in compliance with the Affordable Care Act)
- You select the schools in which you want to work
- Smoke-free environment
- Ankeny Schools is an equal opportunity employer
- All Substitutes must submit to a criminal background check.
- Substitute teachers must have a valid Iowa Teaching License, Iowa Substitute License or Iowa Substitute Authorization License.
Substitute Teacher applications can be found on AppliTrack. Substitute Associates can pick up a paper application at our District Office, 306 SW School St.
Substitute Pay for the school year are as follows:
- Teacher Pay: $145 per day
- Nurse Pay: RN: $130.50 per day/BSN: $145 per day
- Associate Sub Pay: $12.75 an hour
- Food Service Sub Pay: $13.25 an hour
- Secretary Sub Pay: $13.95 an hour
- Custodian Sub Pay: $13.95 an hour