Abbie Grove Elementary
The new elementary school, already under construction in the Grove development at NW 18th Street and NW Abbie Drive, will be part of the north-feeder system. It will have five sections for kindergarten through fifth grades, hold up to 800 students, and have the same concept design as Heritage Elementary when it opens.
- Structural steel was completed in February and exterior metal panels and brick are in progress
- Interior framing has started in the cafeteria and 4th/5th-grade wing
- Plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and fire sprinkler rough-ins are in progress in the cafeteria, kitchen, gym, main mechanical room, and 4th/5th-grade wing
- Floor slabs are being poured as the ground is being thawed and dried out
- The majority of the building has temporary heat running and windows will begin to be installed in the 4th/5th-grade wing. Brick will also be complete around the kitchen/cafeteria/gym area as well as the 4th/5th-grade wing and will be getting started on the Kindergarten/1st-grade, & administration wing.