Communication with the Board
Communication with the Board of Education
The Ankeny Board of Education values your opinion and input. There are several ways to communicate with your school board members.
Contact information for individual board members is on the School Board page. Board members generally include mail, e-mail and phone information. Email all members of the Ankeny Board of Education at one time: email@example.com.
Get on the Agenda: Board Meeting Communication
There are two avenues available to you as outlined in board policy 213.00, Public Participation in Board Meetings:
- Come to a board meeting and fill in a communication card. Cards will be collected prior to the meeting and you will be given an opportunity address the board at a pre-determined point in the agenda. Please note: Due to Iowa Open Meetings Law, the board will not be able to take any action on your comments.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, communication with the Board is also available via the Webex link located in each board agenda. To comment in-person, please request to be put on the agenda by noon the previous Friday. Masks are required to attend in-person. To participate online, simply request to communicate with the Board via the chat feature in the Webex meeting.
- Place your topic on the board agenda in advance and then address the board. To place your topic on the agenda, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be included on an agenda, requests must reach the Superintendent by noon the previous Friday. Requests should include:
- Phone number
- Organization represented
- Any other pertinent background information.
Board meetings begin at 6:00 PM. The prepared agenda generally proceeds as follows:
- Call to Order
- Communication from the Public
- Approval of the Consent Agenda
- Open enrollment applications
- Travel/Transportation/Facility Requests
- Old Business
- New Business
- Reports & Discussion Items
- Board Reports
- Superintendent’s Report