Free and Reduced Meal Eligibility
A new free/reduced meal eligibility application must be completed and submitted each year.
- If your total household income is within the limits set by the federal government, you may be eligible for either free or reduced-price school meals.
- If you qualify for free or reduced-price meals, you may also be eligible for food assistance benefits from the State of Iowa, Department of Human Services (DHS).
- Free and reduced-price meal eligibility applications for each new school year will become available in late July.
- You can apply for eligibility through the online application or by filling out a paper application below.
- Applications are also available at orientation, from building secretaries, or at district office.
If you have questions about free and reduced meals or the application process, please contact Nutrition Services Assistant, LeeAnna Vigor.
How do complete my online application?
First: Register an account with SchoolCafe
- Before registering for a SchoolCafe account you will need your child’s student ID number. This can be found by logging into Infinite Campus.
- Click on the SchoolCafe link
- Click on “Register, I need an account”
- Follow the five easy steps to create your account
Second: Apply for free/reduced-price benefits
- Log into your SchoolCafe account
- Click “Eligibility Benefits”
- Click “Apply for benefits”
- Fill out the form and click submit
- Check back for application information
For information about state food assistance benefits, contact 1-877-347-5678, or apply online.